What took me so long? I tend to ask myself this question a lot. I'm late to the party on so many things! Maxi dresses, knee high boots and Scandal just to name a few. One of my most recent late to the party discoveries is Greek Yogurt. If you aren't eating it yet you should be and here's why.
| CHOBANI SIMPLY GREEK & YOPLAIT GREEK 100 |
Then I realized that not all Greek Yogurt is the plain kind that has to be doctored up in order to be edible. Yoplait Greek 100 was the first one I ever tried. It tastes great and the serving size is a surprisingly good size for only 100 calories. It comes in 12 flavors and you still get high protein and live active cultures that you can't get in regular yogurt. I take them to work with me so it's nice to have some that I can just grab and go without having to flavor it up.
Consumers across America participated in a national Yoplait Greek 100 Taste-Off and results show that they prefer the taste of Yoplait Greek 100 Strawberry yogurt to Chobani Simply 100 Strawberry. I did the Yoplait vs Chobani Taste-Off myself and used my parents as test subjects to see if we would have similar results.
My dad is not a yogurt eater period. He frowned up his face tasting Chobani and liked the taste of Yoplait better. My mom is an avid yogurt eater and she preferred the flavor of Chobani better. She liked it that it wasn't as sweet. I would have to say that I prefer the flavor of Yoplait because it's sweeter and and smoother in texture; however I do enjoy the taste of Chobani as well. I might not have said that last year but I have gotten used to Greek yogurt over time. Greek yogurt is sort of an aquired taste. It's not for everybody. Chobani has more protein and less sugar then Yoplait and is closer in appearance and flavor to the traditional unsweetened plain version of Greek yogurt. If that's not your thing then Yoplait is a great option that will still get you Greek yogurt benefits.
If you haven't discovered Greek Yogurt yet why not now? Take the test yourself. I'd love to know which one you liked best. Check out the results from around the country >>> HERE.
I wish I could like yogurt, any kind for that matter, but I don't. I will eat frozen yogurt, but Greek and all the other kinds, no way. I like just like your dad does in the picture, but I will not even attempt to try it. I can't get past the tangy and texture of it. I do know it has a lot of protein. McDonald's had the smoothie last year that I liked, but would through away if I could taste the yogurt in it. Yeah, I have strange taste buds. I don't eat cheese either so I would listen to me about food...LOL!
ReplyDeletethe only type of yogurt I like is frozen yogurt. I've hated it since I was a child and just can't get on board ... I wish I could!
ReplyDeleteI've been on the Greek yogurt wagon for a few years. The first one I had was Fage. It's ok but to me nothing is better than Chobani espcially the Pomengrated one(there are real seeds at the bottom). I've tried the Yoplait and I just don't like the flavor and it's too sweet. The winner to me is Chobani!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your pictures!! Awesome post & I agree with you about the sweetness to Yoplait. I clicked the link to get more info & hope you check out my post at http://alongcomesmaryblog.com/?p=2878 Thx!! :)
ReplyDeleteyeah the only yoghurt i like is the frozen kind ;) awesome post though, thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI've never tried Greek yogurt, but I def will. I'm like Faith, my fav kinds are all frozen too :)
ReplyDeleteI've never tried greek yogurt either but my husband loves it. Maybe I should give it a try.
ReplyDeleteHaven't tried Greek yogurt yet. Your post has inspired me to add it to this week's grocery list. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteWIll def try it!
ReplyDeleteMy first ever greek yogurt was Chobani and I loved it! Now, I'm willing to forgo Chobani for cheaper brands. I have yet to try Yoplait, but I've tasted others that are great as well!
ReplyDeleteLove the post!
We loved both of them, it was such a tough decision. Great blog post!
ReplyDeleteGreek yogurt is good but they've messed with it over the last several years since it's become more mainstream...sugar content in some of them is not so great!!
ReplyDeleteWow, I just thought greek yogurt was trendy -- I didn't realize how healthy it was too! Going to have to stock up for this week!
ReplyDelete